We share with our customers and the community around us, a desire to protect the environment and contribute to solving climate change and understand that through our actions and relationship with our customers, suppliers and community we can reduce our environmental footprint and influence others to reduce theirs.
We make a commitment to manage our operations in an environmentally responsible manner and wherever feasible minimise our environmental impacts by taking the following actions.
- Conducting all operations in accordance with all relevant government environmental legislation, regulations, policies, by-laws and approvals.
- Reducing the resource intensity of our activities through the management of our purchasing, water and energy use and by maximizing recycling on our sites.
- Where opportunities exist, we will design and build facilities which enable the achievement of this Policy.
- We will be striving for continual improvement in all operations and support this through the training and awareness of our staff.
- We will promote Eco – driving to our customers.
- We will communicate this policy and our achievements to our community and customers.
In addition to the environmental policy, Lander Toyota have committed and participated in the following:
- Commitment to Renewable Energy via the installation of a 36KV solar system which has the potential to generate 1/3 of our energy requirements.
- Rainwater Harvesting - Architectural design of the dealership allows the capturing of rainwater from the roof to be stored and harvested in the underground storage tanks which have a capacity to store 100,000 litres. This water is then used for irrigation of the garden beds and the washbays.
- National Tree Day Participation.
- Have achieved a Green Stamp Environmental Accreditation from MTA NSW.